Welcome to Peddlecar Quilts!




Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Terry Atkinson was in town!

One of my more recent adventures was being asked to show my quilts at our local quilt shop in Henderson, NV last February on the same day that Terry Atkinson came to town and showed us all her wonderful quilts, runners, small projects and patterns.  What a fun lady, and so talented!  It was a thrill to meet her and talk a little bit of shop!  She was full of great ideas and some good business sense.  Thanks Terry for sharing!
She was nice enough to take a picture with me, and her trunk show was wonderful. (Terry is on the right). So that day I got to display some of the quilts that I had designed and made last year.  The center quilt is the Lemon Tree that I mentioned before when I couldn't find a picture! The center block on point is a lemon tree applique with star blocks set on point in the first border.
The smaller star quilt you see on the right made cover of American Patchwork and Quilting magazine's Feb 2014 issue.  What a surprise and a thrill.  While I was there for the day, a customer came in to show me her version of the quilt in fall colors, what a great job she did, and I apologize to her for not finding her name that I had so carefully written down!

“Used with permission from American Patchwork & Quilting® magazine. ©2013 Meredith Corporation. All rights reserved.” 













These are a few more of the quilts I had on display.
  We had some great sunsets this winter too that I just had to share.  Now it's spring and I can hardly believe that Easter is right around the corner.  This was an exceptionally gorgeous display of Mother Nature, right from the back yard.  What a palette this would be for a quilt!  If you ever wonder what shades and values to put together in a quilt, just look around you, Mother Nature gives us the best possible examples and choices!  I'll be back with more soon, there just so much to share!! Happy quilting everyone. Have a great week.

1 comment:

Laurel said...

I am making your Lemon Tree quilt and the 1 1/4 inch polka dot framing the center applique center is not the same length.center is 27 3/8 and strip is 27 3/4. Is there a correction for this pattern?

Thank you,
Laurel
campnahay@charter.net

Twilight Christmas

Take180.comview